qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 0.60 Solaris 9 problems.

From: Bochnig, Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 0.60 Solaris 9 problems.
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:05:59 +0200

Juergen Keil wrote:

The java virtual machine included in Solaris x86 does not work
for me.  When I start "java", I get:

    % java
    java.lang.InternalError
Tracing system calls (actually tracing signals) using "truss -t!all java"
shows that the JVM gets a SIGSEGV signal when trying to access memory at
address 0x0000001F, and crashes with the internal error after that.  I'm
not sure if that's a bug in the java VM or a QEMU x86 CPU emulator bug.

Sometimes a working java VM is needed at Solaris x86 installation time.
For example with Solaris 10 x86, when you have a system with lots of memory,
then a gui installer written in java is used, but it crashes with the above
"InternalError" message.

The solaris admin console (smc) also needs a working java VM.

Works for me.
Using http://www.thinksolaris.com/MB1Xqemu0_6_0_slirp_i386_sunos5.9_local.pkg.gz

See
http://www.thinksolaris.com/java_smc_snapshot0.jpeg and http://www.thinksolaris.com/java_smc_snapshot1.jpeg .

But currently Gnome2 causes QEMU to segfault.
Maybe the guest graphics driver or so. Using my old pkg and some other guest config it worked, too. That's why I started the guest into failsafe mode for the java / smc demo.