qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Cloop-patch and Knoppix example

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Cloop-patch and Knoppix example
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 20:28:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Ronald wrote:

> Le Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:03:14 +0200, Johannes Schindelin a écrit :
>
> Qemu just show briefly it's window then exit cleanly, there is no
> windows error neither. I don't know how to provide more infos.

So, you have plain CVS with cloop applied and you have copied the files
from the CD to C:\temp, right?

To use the cloop support of QEmu, you have to patch the initrd, otherwise
Knoppix will use its own cloop decompressor (see start_knoppix.sh, which I
just verified runs also with dsl-0.8.1.1.iso just fine).

But looking at your mail again (I can only guess), you did not specify
-hda, and neither -cdrom. In order to run properly, Knoppix needs to think
it runs from CD, so you have to specify "-cdrom dsl-0.8.1.1.iso" (or
-cdrom d:\? I don't know if that works already...), but in order to use
the cloop patch, you *also* have to add "-hda c:\temp\knoppix\knoppix".
Note that -hda is given a file, not a directory.

Hth,
Dscho