qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Sparc system support

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch: Sparc system support
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:07:10 +0200

Blue Swirl wrote:
Most of your changes are ok, except for the DHCP one. It's idea is to respond to BOOTP clients which use no extensions added by DHCP.

The magic address-banging loader is a quick & dirty hack anyway, I'm thinking of a better way to initialise Proll and implement kernel loading.

OK. So you mean I must reverse your patch in bootp.c or implement a correct bootp server ?

What are you planning for env->access_type? Sparc MMU needs to know whether the memory access is for data or instructions, did the access come from user or kernel code and is it read or write.

rw == 2 in cpu_handle_mmu_fault() will mean 'code access'. I made the patch in my repository for i386 and PowerPC, but I need to test it more before commiting.

Fabrice.