qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Port to IRIX host

From: Karl Magdsick
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Port to IRIX host
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 12:48:46 -0400

> > Just one remark
> > before merging your patch: could you distinguish the IRIX specific parts
> > from the mips specific ones ? I saw you used '#ifdef __mips__' at places
> > where it may be in fact IRIX specific code.
>
> Yes, you are correct. I just used what was easiest for me, but I will add
> a check in configure, and according to that, a define.

In my closet, I have an SGI Indy (MIPS64) with Debian Linux installed.
 Now I'm really tempted to dust it off and try running some of those
packages that fail to compile for MIPS.

At the time I stopped using the Indy machine, Debian used the 32-bit
MIPS kernels.  I'm not sure if this has changed recently.  Is the MIPS
port for 64-bit or 32-bit MIPS?

In any case, the MIPS port of QEMU looks really cool.  Thanks for all
the hard work!  About how many hours did it take to port QEMU to MIPS?

-Karl