[Qemu-devel] /* XXX: suppress this hack */

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: [Qemu-devel] /* XXX: suppress this hack */
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 19:59:44 +0200

Better performance for i386-softmmu under PowerPC? Yes, please!
At line 96 in "dyngen-exec.h" sits the following code:

/* XXX: suppress this hack */
#if defined(CONFIG_USER_ONLY)
#define AREG4 "r16"
#define AREG5 "r17"
#define AREG6 "r18"
#define AREG7 "r19"
#define AREG8 "r20"
#define AREG9 "r21"
#define AREG10 "r22"
#define AREG11 "r23"

I would like to "suppress that hack", ie make sure that AREG4 to AREG11
gets defined for i386-softmmu. Someone that knows the code - what needs
to be done? Just removing the ifdef does not work for sure. Is it some
issue with setjmp()/longjmp()? I'm willing to set aside some hours to
fix this if someone who knows points me in the right direction.

/ magnus