qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Network glitches

From: William Greenland
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Network glitches
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:34:18 +0100

Hi all.

I posted a query a while back asking whether anyone else had noticed
minor networking problems:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-10/msg00078.html

Networking "works" in the sense that web browsing, ping, ssh all work
between guest and host, but then some apps don't function correctly,
specifically Filezilla and Realplayer.  In the case of Filezilla it's
a bit surprising, as the sftp client fails to hosts that I can ssh to
just fine.  And Realplayer does everything right except log into
sign-up content.

My setup involves a Linux host with ethernet bridging to the tun0
interface, and a Win2k guest.  My suspicion is that the problem is
actually not with qemu itself but somehow with the host setup, so if
anyone has a fully-working setup similar to mine, I'd really like to
hear a pretty detailed account of how they do the networking.

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot such problems
further, I'd be glad to hear them.  I'd like to sort this out, as qemu
is otherwise fantastic.

Cheers,
Will.