qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU-fast and guest os

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU-fast and guest os
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:42:45 +0200

It wouldn't be the first time in history someone has patched a binary
modules. In fact, that used to be pretty typical before the open source movement came to fruition.

Well, yes. But that was also in the times before the DMCA and other
similar gimmicks arrived. These days, the legal situation is
sufficiently unclear to make this a dangerous task. Also, with the
constant flow of Windows updates, who knows how often MS patches the
kernel and the QEMU patch would need to be rewritten. I'd say it's
definitely not worth the hassle. But that's just my 2 cents ;).

- Bartosz