qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] /* XXX: suppress this hack */

From: Laurent Amon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] /* XXX: suppress this hack */
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:02:11 +0100

On 31 oct. 04, at 12:31, Magnus Damm wrote:

By comparing CVS today with and without AREG4-AREG11 we can see that the
/* XXX: suppress this hack */-change that Fabrice implemented gave us:

Integer performance is +20%, Floating-point performance is -2%.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I did only one test and cron
might have kicked in during the tests...

And yes, adding cpu-specific flags to gcc seems pointless.

I believe this need to be tested further. On the version I use (a CVS somewhat later that 0.6.0), and the regular gcc 3.3 on OSX 10.3.5 (TiBook G4/400), I get more or less a consistent 8% speed increase with -mcpu=7400 using Sandra on Win98 guest. Unless the flag interferes with AREG4-AREG11, it should get better.

Lga.