qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] problems with dual ethernet networking

From: Renzo Davoli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [patch] problems with dual ethernet networking
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:40:25 +0100

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 10:35:53AM +0100, Renzo Davoli wrote:
> Actually, it was implemented in qemu and vdeq used the multiple
> -tun-fd  option provided bu qemu.

qemu has changed recently the option management, now it wants multiple
-tun-fd options for several tun interfaces (previously it accepted several
comma separated numbers).

I have just committed on cvs an updated version of vde that should be able
to work with multiple interfaces.
the -nics option should not be needed.

Sourceforge sometimes is late in updating the public access cvs, thus I
am sending here enclosed the patch for vdeq.c.

I have had no time to test it personally, please let me know if it works
correctly.

BTW: if you are connecting also several qemu machines on the same vde
network remember to change the MAC addresses!
The default configuration MAC is 52:54:00:12:34:56. (for eth0,
52:54:00:12:34:57 for eth1 etc.).
Several machines on the same network using the standard configuration
end up having the same MAC: networking does not work. i.e. it is a
net-does-not-work.

renzo