qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 22:50:26 +0300 (MSK)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Jason Brittain wrote:

> malc wrote:

> >>First, thanks for working on this!
> >>
> >>I patched my qemu with it.  The patch applied fine, built fine, and ran
> >>fine.  But, both before and after this patch, I still get no audio.
> >>
> >>Host:  Fedora Core 2 i386
> >>Guest: WinXP Corp.
> >>
> >>I'm using the -enable-audio command line switch to qemu.  Anything else
> >>I'd need to do?  XP finds no audio device at all.  Audio works fine
> >>in Fedora (natively).  And, I'm running no other applications that use
> >>the audio device while I run qemu to try it out.

Let me reiterate, are you certain that the SB16 driver is installed on the
guest at all? I am not familiar with XP, but guess you should install it
manually.

> I wasn't aware of QEMU_AUDIO_DRV.  I tried setting it to "sdl" before
> starting qemu, and still XP ended up with no audio device.

The web page hosting the patch tells about QEMU_AUDIO_DRV pretty bluntly.

> Sound card info:
> 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 Audio
> Controller (rev 01)
>
> Looks like I'm using oss.  Here's the list of modules I have loaded,
> then below that my kernel config's audio settings.

You are most certainly running ALSA (with OSS emulation).

Again, if XP can not recognize SB or driver is not installed at all, no
amount of tweaking of your host audio will do much good. (Partly it's
mistake on my part to ask you to try different host audio drivers, sorry,
i wasn't reading your original message careful enough)

--
mailto:address@hidden