qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Downloaded files are corrupt

From: Aaron McDonald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Downloaded files are corrupt
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:34:51 -0500

I'm having a problem downloading files. I'm using qemu 0.6.1 to run Feather Linux from within Alt Linux on a 800 MHtz machine with 256MB of RAM.

qemu -hda harddisk -cdrom feather-0.6.1.iso -boot d -m 256 -enable-audio -user-net -localtime

Everything starts up ok but if I download something from the internet, I don't seem to get the last byte and so the file is corrupt. I have the same issue with a Damn Small Linux iso.

I can download the file just fine from my host OS (Alt Linux) so I'm ruling out a network issue. Also, I'm having the same problem when using Windows 2000 as the host OS on a 2.6 GHtz machine with 1GB of RAM so I'm thinking that it's not a hardware issue either.

I posted this issue to the bulletin board a couple of days ago. Another user responded and said that he'd had the same problem w/ qemu >0.6.0 running debian/knoppix under Win XP (host) with "-user-net".

Thanks,
Aaron