qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Two issues in using Windows XP SP2 as host system

From: CR
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Two issues in using Windows XP SP2 as host system
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:43:31 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I also had the problem with a 0kb RAW-Image. And qemu didn't start with
this file under windows as host.
The problem seems to be that images >2GB don't work under Qemu-Windows.
Some time ago I read theres a problem with mingw with files >2GB. Maybe
that's the cause.

Also qcow images don't work under windows (here), even with filesize <2GB.

Try using an raw image <2GB and see if it works. It does here.
Hope it helps.

Carsten