qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Trouble with Win98 2nd Request

From: jadams
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Trouble with Win98 2nd Request
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:44:22 -0500

Hi all,
Earlier I posted a message about the I/O error when I tried to load an image
file I created. My host OS is Debian Linux and I'm trying to run Win98 as the
guest.  When I invoke qemu hdb.gcow the Grub boot screen comes up in a
window. I choose my Win98 installation and it gives me the I/O error replace
disk. Any key exits the window. I can launch another Linux distro that I have
on my machine, from the same grub menu that starts with the invocation of
qemu.

I've looked at the user documentation and I don't find it very helpful. I
don't care to work this out myself If I can be pointed in the right
direction.

Here's what I have done.
1) Download and compile qemu
2) Create an image file (and the problem might be in that I created it
incorrectly, I simply don't know.)
3) Run qemu hdb.gcow

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim A.