qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] get_func() hangs with gcc 3.4.2 on MinGW and WinXP host

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] get_func() hangs with gcc 3.4.2 on MinGW and WinXP host
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:29:20 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> I don't exclude the possibility of using a hand coded code generator. It
> should be possible to do the transition progressively. The first
> candidates could be the code to handle memory access, constant stores
> and helper calls.

Is it really that sensible to do that? I mean, up to now porting's really
not much more than writing a dynamic linker.

If you would ask me, I'd rather go for GNU Lightning, which is LGPL, and
has a clean interface. I did not yet play with it, but a friend told me
that it's quite fast, and maybe it's possible to do something Hotspot
like. The downside: Lightning only supports i386, ppc and sparc backends
AFAIK. OTOH this could lead to a synergetic effect.

Ciao,
Dscho