qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] ROM sources and checkout dates or versions

From: Guillem Jover
Subject: [Qemu-devel] ROM sources and checkout dates or versions
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:40:38 +0100

Hi,

We've a problem packaging current qemu sources for Debian, as they
contain binaries without sources (namely the roms), thus forcing us
to repackage the upstream tarball to remove them. Also due to that,
we've started depending on an external package providing the Bochs
bios binary, but then now we have some problems with the emulated
network card. See for example:

        <http://bugs.debian.org/285752>
        <http://bugs.debian.org/284132>

I'd like to know if it would be possible to include the sources for
those roms, so we can easily reproduce the same binaries from source,
and be able to use the pristine source tarball as well. Otherwise
having the checkout dates or exact version used would be of help,
although a bit cumbersome.

thanks,
guillem