qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking possibilities

From: Felipe Sanchez
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking possibilities
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:22:17 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> Bottomline I would like to be able to set up a farm of guest OS's
> which could perform internetworking among each other. This is
> extremely useful for testing/developing networking software.
> Is it possible ?

It's certainly possible, I have such a setup in a couple of servers. All
you have to do is to specify a network setup script with the "-n" command
line option and set the appropriate IP addresses and routes. Feel free to
ask me about specific details.

The part about linking a specific tun device to a specific network
interface in the guest OS sounds a bit trickier though. Maybe the patch
posted a while ago that allows to tell qemu the name of preconfigured tun
devices might be helpful.