qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] NE2000 vs Realtek-8029 on WfW 3.11 and NT4

From: Johannes Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] NE2000 vs Realtek-8029 on WfW 3.11 and NT4
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:23:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Friedemann Baitinger wrote:
I also have an OS/2 Warp 4 installed. Networking didn't work with NE2000 either. I have _not_ yet tried the realtek there, not even sure wheter a realtek driver exists for OS/2 but in case somebody is really struggling, you might give it a try. If I find the time to test it I'll certainly report the results here.
I had mixed success with OS/2 Warp. It worked sometimes (with -isa) only.

I finally decided to hook up a pppd on the host OS through the virtual serial port in OS/2 and got networking to work that way. I posted some patches to get qemu communicate with pppd and similar programs a few months ago.

        Johannes