qemu-devel

Re: CMinusMins, was Re: [Qemu-devel] get_func() hangs with gcc 3.4.2 on

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: CMinusMins, was Re: [Qemu-devel] get_func() hangs with gcc 3.4.2 on MinGW and WinXP host
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:53:07 -0500

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 06:36:30PM +0300, malc wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
>
> >The Quick C-- Compiler is written in Objective CAML. I cannot think
> >of many more ways to turn down developers.

One could try to re-create a C-- compiler in C, but that seems like a lot of
work. Perhaps someone else has already done this...

I personally like the separation of C into C-- and Cylon (a real high level
language derived from C) on a theoretical level. The fact that neither of these
languages are widely used is telling, though.

> Please speak for yourself

What is Objective CAML?