[Qemu-devel] Audio distortion

From: Jan Paul Schmidt
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Audio distortion
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:59:29 +0100

Hi there,

I'm currently playing around with Win95a and have audio distortion. I used the wav driver to get the audio output as file and looked at it. The audio data looks fine except when the audio becomes loud or in other words, reaches the full amplitude.

To make it more visible, instead of

  /    \
 /      \
/        \
          \       /
           \     /

the data will be like this

   _ _
  /   \
 /     \
/       \
         \       /
          \     /

Looks like some unhandled overflow or a wrong convertion.

The host is a Mac by the way and Qemu is at 0.6.1.

I would guess, the problem lies somewhere in sb16.c?
Someone knows this problem?
Someone working on it?
Is it PPC specific?