qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] x86 cdrom bug

From: Lee
Subject: [Qemu-devel] x86 cdrom bug
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:44:11 -0600 (CST)

Greetings,

I happened upon this bug today, and wanted to report it / see if anyone
else is experiencing the same behavior.

I have seen this happen using the Visual Studio 6.0 Enterperise Edition
Disk 1 cd.

If I setup qemu to look at the cdrom drive itself, i can see the files and
can access them all.

However, if I create an image of the cdrom using 'dd', and the setup qemu
to look at that image, i can see all the files, but someone of them I can
not open or access.

Yet, if I mount that image into my filesystem using the loopback option, I
can see and read all the files.

--
Lee
address@hidden