qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Just a thought (high level API)

From: Nathaniel McCallum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Just a thought (high level API)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:03:56 -0500

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 18:30 +0000, Paul Brook wrote:

>> >I think they talked about glib, not glibc. glib is sort of a utility
>> >library for gtk, which contains things like containers.
>>
>> Oh, my bad, I misread it then. But my point is still valid. I don't mind
>> additional dependencies, as long as those are only needed during
>> compilation and those would be helpful for qemu and not restricting its
>> compilation on various OS/arch.
>
>glib is a shared library on my system, so would introduce a runtime
>dependency.

It is generally a shared library on most systems.  However, most systems
should have a copy of it installed by default.  dbus requires it (maybe
hal as well) as well as a bunch of other non-gtk/gnome apps.

I'm curious, does anyone *not* have it already installed?  A simple
"locate libglib-2.0" should suffice to tell you.  glib should not have
any dependencies itself other than libc and maybe pkg-config.

Nathaniel