qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch to fix Mac OS X compilation

From: Jonas Maebe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch to fix Mac OS X compilation
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 15:36:34 +0100

On 13 feb 2005, at 14:30, Daniel Egger wrote:

It's pretty strange that the ABI has changed and such something
along this lines is necessary at all.

The reason is that the original code only took into account the lower 16 bits of the addresses. Apparently, the generated op.o has grown so that there are now also addresses of which the higher bits are needed.

The breakage seems to stem
from the fact that dyngen still gets the addresses wrong from the
instruction stream somewhere.

That is fixed in the new version of the patch I just sent, but now the branch relocation code needs to be fixed because of the gen_labels code.

I had a look into that but I
couldn't find anything obviously wrong in the first 3 or 4 hours.
Unfortunately I'm busy as hell so I cannot donate any more time
to this in the moment.

Same here...

Jonas