qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sponsorship for QEMU Developers...

From: Joshua Kugler
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sponsorship for QEMU Developers...
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:45:11 -0900

Hey Leo!

Funny to run into you here. :)  I see your name all the time on the Win4Lin
list.

> We are not interested in KQEMU functionality at this time, but wish Fabrice
> the best of luck in securing a sponsor for it.

If you're at liberty to explain why, can you elaborate?  KQemu would make
Win4Lin Pro *fly* and would add a lot of value here.  Yes, it would be back
to the module thing, but you wouldn't have to send out custom kernels, only
modules compiled for certain kernels.  With the right scripting, downloading
and compiling for the many kernels (and kernel updates) in a distro shouldn't
be *too* bad.  And a user could always compile their own module if there
wasn't one for their kernel.  Is this extra admin overhead the reason you
don't want to use it?

Is there even the option of putting the needed hooks in Win4Lin Pro, and
telling users if they want to, they can download and install KQemu on their
own?

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator