qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] gentoo disk image for QEmu

From: Jérôme Bouat
Subject: [Qemu-devel] gentoo disk image for QEmu
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:55:36 +0100

Hi,

I would generate a Gentoo Linux disk image for QEmu.

This source based Linux distro can be configurated to generate hardware
specific binaries through its package management system.

I previously tried with Bochs. Therefore, I wrote some scripts. The main
part of the generation was made in a Linux chrooted environment on a
real host which was compatible with the emulated host. The disk image
generation was blocked by the boot loader installation step.

Are you interested by those generation scripts ?

Jérôme