qemu-devel

Re: APM bug Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Suggestion - trap window-close of VM

From: Jason Gress
Subject: Re: APM bug Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Suggestion - trap window-close of VM
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:32:14 -0600

On Thursday 31 March 2005 10:38 am, Andreas Bollhalder wrote:
> My Windows XP guests are also unable to power off QEMU. As I know,
> there is the posibillity to install W2K or XP without ACPI support.
> Has anyone tried that ? Could it be, that the default installation of
> Windows with ACPI disable the APM support ? My brain is remembering
> something... Win98 guest closes QEMU fine.
>
> Andreas

Win2k/XP can be told to setup w/o ACPI by pressing F5 during the install
sequence, right around when it asks for F6 for additional SCSI drivers.  If I
remember correctly, on normal hardware that prevents the system from turning
off automatically even when a similar Win98 might do that.  You could give it
a try, but I'd be surprised if that worked.

 Jason