qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows 2000 SP4 (was Re: APM bug)

From: Hetz Ben Hamo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows 2000 SP4 (was Re: APM bug)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 00:47:22 +0200

Fabrice,

Please see this before committing:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2004-12/msg00167.html
It specifically mentions that this hack is only good for installing
win2k, but it degrades performance, so after installing, the patch
need to be removed..

I just tested QEMU with this patch and windows 2000 Pro (no service packs).
I simply used the command: qemu -m 256 -user-net -hda win2k.img -cdrom
/dev/cdrom -boot d - and the installation went perfectly. There aren't
any weird (and gazillion files) in c:\winnt\security ;)

BTW: I found a really weird problem. If I install win2k, and QEMU
restart after the installation, and then I change the color depths and
resolution, I get black background and only text and icons visible.
Quitting QEMU and starting QEMU again fixes the problem. Is there a
problem when QEMU restarts when it emulating a reset?

Going to try now moving from non service packs to SP4 ;)

Thanks,
Hetz