qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qvm86 - datapoints

From: Richard Neill
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qvm86 - datapoints
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:06:02 +0100

Dear All,

Just to let you know a few results from my experiments with qvm86/qemu.
(I'm using all the latest CVS versions).

1)Trivial point, but the qvm86 README omits to say that it's necessary to run the install.sh script to put the qvm86.ko module in the right place. I also found it necessary to chmod 666 /dev/qvm86.

2)Attempting to start a WinXP image (which works unaccelerated in qemu), Windows refuses to start properly.

3)Attempting to start a knoppix iso, results in this error:
(which I don't understand...)

4)And accidentally trying to run an image as root instantly panics the host.

Best wishes

Richard

P.S. Neither the qvm86 or the qemu websites make it very easy to find how to download the latest CVS sources - I think the links were quite well hidden!