qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] one bug and one suggestion

From: Cedric Roux
Subject: [Qemu-devel] one bug and one suggestion
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:33:53 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Qemu people,

there is a bug in slirp/udp.c for tftp handling.
You do:
        if (ntohs(uh->uh_dport) == TFTP_SERVER) {
            tftp_input(m);
            goto bad;
        }
You don't test if the destination is the emulator
or the outside world. So, if I want to connect to another
computer running a tftp server, qemu will instead take
the hand.
This bug exists while using -user-net. Don't know for
tun/tap, I am not root here.

Now, for a suggestion.
There is the -tftp option. It would be a good idea
to add some option like -tftp-relative-names or something
like that so that the client can ask for a file /foo/bar.dummy
and get access to this file under the tftp directory.

To be clear: you run qemu -tftp /tftp/directory/something
and the client inside qemu asks for /foo/bar.dummy, but
effectively accesses /tftp/directory/something/foo/bar.dummy.
The client does not have to ask for
/tftp/directory/something/foo/bar.dummy
Get the point?
It seems more natural to me. What do you think?

Anyway, qemu is a nice software.

Take care of yourself,
Cedric.

PS: I am not on the mailing-list, so if you need to reply
to me, use this email-address, thank you.