qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qvm86, kqemu and video speed

From: Alex Beregszaszi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qvm86, kqemu and video speed
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:38:43 +0200

Hi,

> I understand qvm86 and kqemu provide some virtualisation of the host
> machine, including allowing the guest some direct memory access. Is it
> conceivable for these modules to be extended to allow the guest
> machine to directly write to host video memory, or else to a host
> memory buffer that is copied into the Qemu window?

I'm working on such a Direct Host Graphics custom "videocard". I'm
reusing the common vga code, while adding an mmio and framebuffer range
for the direct stuff. Also it has a custom pci vendor/device id. It is
working quiet nicely, however, plenty of guest os drivers are needed
(preferably for different Windows versions - for Linux I have mine).

--
Alex Beregszaszi                        e-mail: address@hidden
Free Software Network                   cell: +36 70 3144424