qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu network?

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu network?
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:03:46 -0400

Ishwar Rattan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Finally got the qemu working under 2.6.10 kernel. Wtih
> -user-net option ifconfig -a (linux guest too!) I can see
> the interface assigned address 10.0.2.15. I can't ping it
> from host side. Is there way to allow guest OS to have Internet
> access?

The qemu process "proxies" the requests from the user-net
network stack out to the public net.  It's documented that
you can't ping the guest interface from the host.  If you
need access from the host to the guest, you can setup
a couple of redirection ports which the qemu process
opens as listeners on the host which then get redirected
to the guest network stack.

HTH,

Ben