qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows host version issues

From: jeebs
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows host version issues
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:09:50 -0500

All tests were made with the current cvs version 20050426 on freeoszoo.org

1) There is still the cdrom change problem.  If you have an upgrade version of
Windows, this can bring the installation to a dead end.  Sometimes the win
installer even locks up when it tries to access the just changed cd image.  So
something still isn't quite right.  (In fact, with this current cvs version, I
wasn't able to change the cd at all.  The Win98 installer always locked every
time.)

2) Be nice is there were scroll bars on the guest window.  Make it a lot easier
to deal with a lot of screen sizes.  Not all of us have monitors that can
handle larger resolutions (ie: lcd monitors) and some of us (such as myself),
have eyesight poor enough that working in 1280x or even 1024x can be a problem.

3) Spaces in filenames are still a problem.  Such as paths to cdrom images when
changing the cd while in the monitor screen.

4) I tried installing Win98 with the "-isa" option on qemu.  It caused XP to
abort qemu with an error dump.  (Unfortunately I couldn't save it, so I can't
send it in to Fabrice.)

I didn't try WinXP guest today with this version because I see Fabrice is
posting some new patches, so I should probably wait until the next cvs build
comes out.

Admittedly, these issues are the same ones that have been reported several
times.  And apparently none of the developers are working on fixing these and
the other reported problems.

But, I'm hopeful.