qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] savemv/loadvm keyboard weirdness

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] savemv/loadvm keyboard weirdness
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:14:35 -0400

I'm starting a Knoppix 3.8 instance from a CD iso image using:

qemu -cdrom /export/src/iso/KNOPPIX_V3.8.1-2005-04-08-EN.iso -user-net
-enable-audio -boot d knoppix.img -k en-us

with the intention of getting it up and running so I can
use a savevm/loadvm feature.  What I did was boot Knoppix,
open a terminal window, and then do a savevm and quit.

I then restarted the Knoppix session with the previous
command line adding "-loadvm knoppix-save.img".  This
works and I have the knoppix image up and running in a
matter of 10 seconds.  However, the keyboard mapping for
the terminal is very screwed up.  It's almost like it's
doing all control keys.  Now, sometimes, I can kill the
kconsole and restart another one and it all works the
way it should.  Anyone have an idea about this?

Ben