Re: [Qemu-devel] user networking - win xp quest, amd64 linux host

From: Leonardo E. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] user networking - win xp quest, amd64 linux host
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:50:09 -0400

we will be working on this shortly. In the meantime, where I would start is by putting a breakpoint in udp_input() in the file slirp/udp.c, and following the flow until it calls bootp_input(). If it gets that far, it means it's probably decoding the UDP packet correctly and detects it as a DHCP/BOOTP request. You might want to also study slirp/ip.h and slirp/udp.h to make sure all the values are represented in the correct bit length.

- Leo Reiter

P.S. we also noticed the same problem on the IBM iSeries PowerPC host (which is the "new" AS/400 running Linux), so perhaps it is indeed something to do specifically with 64-bit hosts. But again, this is just a guess, until we can debug and pinpoint the issue.

Adrian Smarzewski wrote:
If you need some help... I'm a programmer and I have amd64 machine.
I don't know anything about user-network code and don't have a lot
of time but It's important for me to have a qemu networking. Just write
me what to do.

Any success with qemu networking on amd64 host? Somebody?

Leonardo E. Reiter
Vice President of Product Development, CTO

Win4Lin, Inc.
Virtual Computing from Desktop to Data Center
Main: +1 512 339 7979
Fax: +1 512 532 6501