qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Cursor problems.

From: Jason
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Cursor problems.
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:10:58 -0400

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 01:42 +0200, Juergen Lock wrote:
> In article <address@hidden> you write:
> >When running qemu on my HP laptop, I cannot seem to use the cursor in the
> >guest os.  The guest OS can be any os, windows reactos linux, etc.  The
> >host OS is fedora core 3. Basically, the cursor shows up as normal on the
> >screen, but when I click in to let qemu grab the focus, the cursor jumps
> >to the bottom right as soon as any motion happens.  The buttons all still
> >function properly, I know this because in reactos the curusor is
> >positioned just above the time.
> >[...]
>
> I cannot help you other than by saying this is the exact same
> phenomenon i have on linux since switching to a 2.4 kernel (because
> of this promise sata card i got, apparently there's no 2.6 driver
> for that for some reason.)
>
>  Same box runs qemu just fine with working cursor using FreeBSD as
> host os...
>
>       Juergen

Well, I did a bit more investigation and put a printf into the function
sdl_send_mouse_event in sdl.c to see what was being sent from the Host
OS to the guest OS.  It would seem that the SDL_GetRelativeMouseState
function is reporting odd values for dx and dy on my laptop but not on
my other machine.  Both of them are running the same OS for the host OS,
Fedora Core 3.  One is a normal computer with a PS/2 mouse and the other
is a  laptop with a Synaptics Touch pad and a USB attached mouse.  The
laptop actually has both devices going through GPM which is set as a
repeater in PS/2 mode.  So the data being sent to xorg should be PS/2
data.  Thus the data that SDL is getting should also be PS/2 data, but
from the look of it, it isn't.  From the look of it, it should be
reporting small changes either a small positive value or a small
negative value.

On my laptop it actually jumps all over the place.... but it's usually
large positive values.  I have more investigation to do but it might be
something like a buffer not getting written write or getting written
with junk data.

Juergen, what type of pointing device do you have?

--
Jason <address@hidden>