qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hand written code generator #2

From: Paul Brook
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hand written code generator #2
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:23:28 +0100

I've made available a new version of my hand-written code generator for qemu.
The patch is getting rather large, so I've put it on a web server to avoid
spamming the list:
https://nowt.dyndns.org/patch.qemu_qop.gz

In principle it's very similar to the previous patch. The main difference is
that it now supports all target architectures, including 64-bit targets.

The i386 changes have been tested by booting knoppix and win2k and win98.
x86-64 tested by booting a debian amd64 install cd.
ppc chanages tested by booting a debina install cd and running nbench under
ppc-user.
My sparc debian cd doesn't boot under qemu (stops responding just after
sparc emulation?

To support 64-bit targets each qreg now has a "mode" which determines its
size. 64-bit qregs can be implemented using pairs of host registers on 32-bit
hosts, or single registers on 64-bit hosts.

ppc and sparc targets only have nominal support. I've done the bare minimum
needed to make them work. Arm is still the only target that really takes
advantage of any of the new functionality.

Next on my todo list is support for ppc and x86-64 hosts.

Paul