qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Looking for an easy way to exchange data bidirectional

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Looking for an easy way to exchange data bidirectional between host and guest (including some suggestion)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:22:45 +0200

I made some progress based on your suggestions :)

> I don't have any to test on, but the code is extremely simple and not OS
> dependeng in any manner except the small detail that UNIX style paths must
> be used.
>
> Where is the file on the host?

c:\q\w

> What tftp argument did you gave to qemu when you started it?

-tftp "/q"
inside a msdos prompt => it's correct according to docs

> What path did you try to retreive from the guest?

this is the location of my mistake: I did "get w" instead of "get /q/w"

now it works in "get" mode only. Is there anywhere a patch to get rw
access to tftp, as well as upping the limit of 32M ?

I indeed got a "transfer timeout" after 33553920 bytes :(

Christian