qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] re: Nothing happens

From: Henrik Nordstrom
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] re: Nothing happens
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:25:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Josef Moffett wrote:

but I did find the following with the -monitor stdio; that when I did a screen dump qemu was running and dumping valid (linux, win 98 and winxp) screen images. I only had no access to these - in other words the emulator was working fine, both with and without kqemu, but there was no console or visual output with which to manipulate the emulated virtual machine. (ie no visual and no keyboard/mouse access to the (hidden) console.)

Sounds very much like the SDL driver didn't get compiled for whatever reason, or you are using the -nographic qemu command line flag do disable graphic output..

I first just tried without the SDL-devel libs, but that was the same

If you don't have SDL development libs then only "dumb" (hidden) graphics mode is available.

Try

   make clean
   ./configure
   make

In your configure output I notice you didn't have static versions of the SDL libraries available. This will limit the availability of the SDL support somewhat.

Use the following to verify which modes have SDL support after you ran configure:

  grep CONFIG_SDL */config.h

You should at least see CONFIG_SDL for i386-softmmu.

Regards
Henrik