qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] quick gtk2.c update

From: jeebs
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] quick gtk2.c update
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:58:06 -0500

"Jim C. Brown"

>> There's not much telling what is causing it to fail.  Qemu seems rather
>> sensitive to the slightest change in build environment.
>
> Not the most reliable development environment.

No, it's not...

I think some of it is inherent in the GCC stuff.  Others, just the general
build environment.

I've tried compiling some other gnu stuff under mingw, with varying success.
(Meaning much of it didn't build, aborted, gave stack dumps, etc. etc.)

>> This time, it's running!  (At least I *assume* it's running.  Everything
>
> Well, remember to pass the "-use-gtk" option to qemu. By default qemu will
> build with both sdl and gtk support, and if it has both, it will use the
> sdl
> support unless told to use gtk.

Okay, I didn't know that.  (Or I forgot about it.)  That means I was running
SDL.

(That also means that even if it's ends up running in SDL mode, it still
wants all those GTK libraries available.  If it isn't using GTK, then it
shouldn't need them.)

Using that option now, I'm getting an error when I try to run qemu.

***
Incompatable build!  The code using GTK+ thinks GtkBox is of different size
than it actually is in this build of GTK+.

On Windows, this probably means that you have compiled your code with gcc
without the -fnative-struct (or -mms-bitfileds) switch, or that you are
using an unsupported compiler.
***

No idea what it really means.  Other than what it actually says.