qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Bug in Kernel Emulation

From: Oliver Adler
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Bug in Kernel Emulation
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:42:24 +0200

Hi,
I just found a potential emulation incorrectness of the
kernel emulator module.
My environment is FreeBSD:
FreeBSD buster.devsoft.com 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #3: Sat Jun 11
02:19:16 CEST 2005     address@hidden:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BUSTER1  i386

I tried to install winzip95.exe with kqemu loaded and got the attached
message. When I used the same scheme with kqemu unloaded, it
worked.
Is uppose you need the processor type:

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz (2605.92-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0xf27  Stepping = 7
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,C
MOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>

If you need more information or help, please let me know. I
know that FreeBSD is not offically supported.

Oliver