qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc: blank screen

From: Tilman Sauerbeck
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-ppc: blank screen
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 23:02:46 +0200

Tilman Sauerbeck <address@hidden> [2005-06-30 20:37]:
> Next, I tried to install a real Linux distro (CRUX PPC,
> cruxppc.sunsite.dk):
>
> I created a disk image (crux-ppc-2.0.img) and started qemu like this:
>
> qemu-system-ppc -M prep -kernel zImage.prep -cdrom crux-ppc-2.0.iso
> -boot d -hda crux-ppc-2.0.img
>
> However, it doesn't boot correctly:
> http://code-monkey.de//files/qemu-crux_ppc.png

I was using the wrong root partition, the kernel tried to use /dev/hda6
instead of the cdrom, so I replaced
root=/dev/hda6 in zImage.prep with root=/dev/hdb.

Now the problem is that CRUX depends on devfs, which isn't enabled in
the stock prep kernel.

Does anyone have a prep kernel that includes devfs support?
Both Linux 2.4 and Linux 2.6 kernels would be appreciated (is Linux 2.6
supported by qemu-system-ppc yet?)

Thanks,
Tilman

--