qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FC2 guest is working slower than RH9 on FC2 host

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FC2 guest is working slower than RH9 on FC2 host
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 15:08:50 +0700

Hello everybody

Yesterday I tried to install Fedora Core 2 guest using qemu 0.7.1 (no
kqemu) on top of FC 2 host. Both guest and host are running 2.6.5-1.358
(the default kernel of FC2). I experienced slower boot speed and slower
keyboard typing (the delay between a key a pressed and the actual
character is showed). Couple weeks ago I installed RH9 as guest also on
top of FC2 host but the speed is better.

Is it because the guest kernel (FC2) using HZ=1000 so qemu has problem
on syncing the clock? or are there any technical explanations on why it
happens?

My PC spec:
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
RAM 256  MB DDR
Hard disk 80 GB EIDE
GeForce 2 MX 440 (X display is using nvidia driver)

regards

Mulyadi