qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] lomount : Re: file system sharing

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] lomount : Re: file system sharing
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:59:22 -0400

Mark Williamson wrote:
If you're using a file-based disk and it's partitioned you'll need to use lomount http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/utilities/QEMU-HD-Mounter/lomount/ to mount the right partition in the host.

this works great for some of the partitions but not the last one. For some reason the file based image of a disk thinks the cylinder number is * and if I try to set it to the right value, fdisk gives me error 25 and something about wrong ioctk. I reboot to flush the cache in the kerneland it's still not set to the right number of cylinders.

The disk image was formatted inside of qemu as part of the IPCop installation process. It boots up just fine, I can create files change files etc. no problem.

It's just one I have stopped qemu and are trying to modify files within the disk image, I can't mount the partition I need to change.

---eric