qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Q: Issue booting Solaris 8 (SPARC)

From: Thomas Steffen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Q: Issue booting Solaris 8 (SPARC)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:21:13 +0200

On 8/1/05, Blue Swirl <address@hidden> wrote:
> Looks like the boot block gets loaded correctly (nice data point). It's a
> bit confusing to see UFS in the error message, shouldn't that be ISOFS or
> CDFS?

Unless the Solaris install CDs have changed since I least investigated
them: no. They contains a partition table (which usually confuses
Linux quite a bit) and several UFS partitions. So the CD is actuall
very similar to an installed Solaris system, but it is read only of
course.

For Qemu that should be good news: once the installer works, there is
a good chance that the system will boot, too.

Thomas