qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] importing VMWare image

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] importing VMWare image
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:04:44 +0200

Yves Trudeau wrote:

Hi,
I am trying to use a VMWare Win2k image in Qemu-0.7.1. I imported the image with qemu-img successfully but when I lauch qemu, I have the first part (in text mode) of the win2k boot with the progress bar but as soon as it attempt to switch to graphic mode, qemu freezes. I tried "--stdvga" and booted win2k in safe-mode with no result. Is there someone who successfully imported a VMWare image? Any hint will be appreciated.

Yves

The hardware emulated by QEMU and VMware is different. You might want to try running the image in VMware and reinstalling "Standard IDE driver" instead of the one that is used and then importing the image.

- Filip