qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Network Performance between Win Host and Linux Guest

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Network Performance between Win Host and Linux Guest
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:20:36 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
Hi, QEMU is working better from hour to hour :-) Now I am looking for
a way to get my data from the linux client to the Win2K host. When I
use the integrated smb I get a transfer rate from about 15 KB :-( the
tftp is about 600 KBps and using WinSCP over the "redired" ssh
connection lead to 60 KBps. Is there a way to transfer the data
faster ? Or is there an explorer for the disk image available ? Thanks in advance Helmut

I guess the best way is to understand why the network is so slow. This is a bug in SLIRP ou the NE2000 emulated card, not something due to the CPU emulation itself.

Fabrice.