qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Minor bug in 0.7.1 install

From: Greg Bell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Minor bug in 0.7.1 install
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:48:41 +1000 (EST)

hi qemu,

thanks for a neat project.  two minor problems:

1) on my FC3 box, i had to force sdl to compile statically because the sdl test didn't work for some reason (could be my box's problem). but there's no way to set sdl = 'yes' from the configure command line. so i hacked configure, but then line 730 dies:

            echo "SDL_LIBS=$sdl_static_libs" >> $config_mak

this is because $sdl_static_libs evaluates to a multiple word string on my system. eg:

$ sdl-config --static-libs
-L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lm -ldl -lasound -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXext

so "SDL_LIBS=multiple word thing" is an error.

2) i needed to chmod 777 /usr/local/share/qemu/ before i could run qemu as a normal user.

~gb

--
Greg Bell +61 4 10 432 772  (alternately address@hidden)