qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu

From: octane indice
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:51:41 +0200

En réponse à "Jim C. Brown" <address@hidden> :
> > if tomsrtbt is the only guest : no IP given
> > if tomsrtbt is launch with -macaddr xx : no IP given
> > if tomsrtbt is launch after another guest : no IP given
> >
> > if I launch a real tomsrtbt, on a real host with a real DHCP
> > server on the network, tomsrtbt got an IP
>
> Strange. Sounds like a bug in either tomsrtbt or qemu. Do you
> have a floppy
> image that can be downloaded?

http://www.toms.net/rb  or
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/tomsrtbt/
http://downloads.planetmirror.com/pub/tomsrtbt/tomsrtbt-2.0.103.tar.gz

unzip it, and the file tomrtbt.raw is
directly bootable. The file is 1.7Mb big, but it's a floppy.
qemu -m 8 -fda tomsrtbt.raw -boot a
is enough.

The dhcpcd client is a self written client in lua.
I found that info:
http://not.toms.net/twiki/bin/view/Tomsrtbt/DHCPRequestsTooSmall
that says that the DHCP requests from tomsrtbt is very small (under
300 bytes) and the solaris DHCP server doesn't give IP.
But linux DHCP server (and windows DHCP server) works fine.

Etes vous un consom'Acteur ? Toutes les saveurs équitables sont sur
http://www.epicerie-equitable.com