qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] about DHCP server in qemu
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 07:43:12 -0400

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:47:56AM +0200, Christian MICHON wrote:
> do you happen to have vde for win32 ?
> If yes, please point it to me, because I've googled for one with no
> luck... :)

Porting VDE to windows is fairly easy.

The hard part is getting qemu to work with it. Unlike POSIX OSes, Windows
doesn't provide unix sockets (so no c:\tmp\vde.ctl). I am not sure if the
-tun-fd option even works on Windows hosts.

So to make it work, we'd either have to add new code to qemu to connect to
VDE on windows or port qemu to cygwin (for real).