qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] NEC PC-9821

From: M. Warner Losh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] NEC PC-9821
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:26:42 -0600 (MDT)

In message: <address@hidden>
            Hetz Ben Hamo <address@hidden> writes:
: Not really. I think you'll need a BIOS for it which is copyrighted and
: not freely distributable, and I think some specs are different, but I
: didn't see any patches floating around.

The specifications are quite a bit different than an IBM-AT
compatible.  I have seen a couple of pc98 emulators that run on
Windows, and they have their own BIOS implementation.  However, they
are slow and run on Windows... :-(.  I have a "newer" pc98 machine I
can get the BIOS from for my own personal use (say using it on that
machine), but you are right, there would be problems distributing it.

I'd kinda hoped that one of the Japanese hackers had created qemu
patches that google somehow overlooked in my search.  The details of a
PC98 machine are complex...

Maybe I have a new project :-).

Warner