qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] User-space emulation on Mac OS X to run Mac OS X Intel

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] User-space emulation on Mac OS X to run Mac OS X Intel applications
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:19:10 -0400

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:16:18PM +0100, Steven wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Looking at qemu, it seems as if it could be possible to allow it to
> run Intel OS X apps on PowerPC OS X, much like a reverse Rosetta. The
> x86 frameworks/libraries are included with Xcode, so possibly
> everything else could run natively, just have the app itself emulated.
>
> Is anybody willing to try getting this to work?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

AFAIK no one is working on it. user emulation is strictly linux-only for the
time being. (1)

Getting this to work isn't very hard at all, you'd just have to change the
syscall code to be what Darwin uses.

(1) I believe there is an m68k target being worked on, which is not strictly
linux only. I haven't looked at it very closely and am not sure of the details.
But this doesn't really help you anyways.